Position Summary: Assembles and solders surface mount and through-hole electronic components onto a circuit board while maintaining high quality standards.
- Install electronic components onto circuit board utilizing basic hand tools, materials and processes including the soldering process.
- May operate machinery to clean and test circuit boards.
- Follow work instructions and router operations to complete necessary work.
- Enter data into company databases to read work instructions and complete operations.
- Interface with Engineers to problem solve or ask assembly questions.
- Prepares components for installation - Form components by hand or automated, bend leads, precondition leads or wires
- Follows proper circuit board handling procedures while moving components and boards throughout processes.
- Obtains and maintains basic certifications in IPC610 and JStandard001 procedures.
- Responsible for self-inspection of product for any defects prior to moving product to next step.
- Maintains a clean work environment to ensure product integrity and quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned to achieve company goals and objectives.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of previous soldering experience
- Through-hole soldering experience
- Re-work experience
- Skilled user of solder rework tools to include flow pot
- Ability to read and comprehend work and process instructions
- Possesses attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player within a small team
- Fine motor skills and dexterity; vision – able to utilize microscope
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work Monday through Friday 7:30am-4:00pm and adhere to a 9/80 work schedule – note, shift start/end time may differ depending on business needs but will be discussed during interview
US citizens only due to government contract requirements