Broadband Telcom Power, an EV charging equipment manufacturing company, seeks a qualified Commodity Manager. This position is reported to the Director of Supply Chain and is responsible to develop, implement and maintain a materials strategy that optimizes cost savings while minimizing supply risks.
- Executing various commodity strategies for Electric-Mechanical, Semiconductor, Metal and Plastic
- Collaborates with internal business units and drives strategic alignment within the company to support long-term corporate sourcing strategies.
- Support company to achieve the revenue and EBIT target. Ensure supply continuity and be responsible for supply chain risk management.
- Manage the overall supplier relationship with all key suppliers.
- Support new product introduction projects through sourcing, negotiation and risk mitigation.
- Drive the cost reduction program and meet the cost reduction goals for regular commercialized products.
- In charge of supplier management program including, but not limited to, QBR, contract management, supplier score card, price management, capacity management, and spend analysis.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of assigned commodities, global supply market, pricing trend, and other best practices
- Perform other job duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- BA/BS degree is required.
- CPM and/or CPIM certification is preferred.
- Experience in the electronics and electrical component industry is required; EV industry is a plus.
- Excellent negotiations skills and analytical skills with the ability to manage and develop supplier relationships
- A comprehensive understanding of procurement fundamentals with a minimum of (3) years of experience in sourcing or purchasing, AND a minimum of three (3) years of related experience either in quality, engineering or supply chain.
- Excellent communication skill and ability to work with internal colleagues as well as suppliers at all levels within the organization in order to perform the duties described above.
- Must be PC-literate; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to effectively communicate and negotiate with vendors & contractors in a professional manner.
- Fluent English is a must.
- Expect to travel 20-30% of the time, globally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is occasionally performed in outside weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds.
Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.