We are seeking to add Field Service Technicians in Michigan, Ohio, New York, San Jose, CA and Santa Ana, CA. The successful candidate will be an experienced fieldservice technician and will take the responsibility for the maintenance of the electric vehicle charging stations for customers throughout the world. We are looking for individuals that will ensure operation and quality of our product as used by our customers.
- Handle inbound telephone calls from Dispatchand related field technicians to activate new site equipment as well as provide remote support to troubleshoot problems in the field
- Expected to take the lead role for installation and repair of EV charging station equipment in the field.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Remove and replace defective components
- Responsible for the performance of duties as a fully qualified electrician including installation, inspection and repair of all electrical/electronic equipment in the in the field.
- Configure and support electronic and digital devices used to monitor and control charging equipment (e.g. network router and modems and credit card equipment configurations)
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- On occasion, interface with customers and EV drivers to understand details of reported problems
- Assemble, install and repair electrical components, wiring and equipment
- Capture and import data for analysis and processing
- Assist wireless carriers to establish Virtual Private Networks with SAAS partners
- Ensure corrective maintenance is identified from reports and input from field, authorizes work, work order created and scheduled, and quality report is submitted to clients when work has been completed
- Expected travel about 25%-75% outside of geofence.
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Field Service Technician role
- Experience traveling for work is a MUST
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Experience assembling, installing and repairing electrical components, wiring and equipment
- Great communication / customer service skills
- Strong understanding of databases and develop schedule reporting for weekly metrics.
- Hands on systems development & equipment maintenance
- Hands on in using following tools and building electrical powernet systems: -
- Poweranalyzer, Multimeter, Cable crimpers, Cable cutters, Plyers, Cutters etc.- Soldering iron, E3 wireworks and Visio for schematic development
- Computer Skills
- Excellent compensation
- Full training program
- A long history of stability and growth
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short / Long term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Vacation / Sick / Holiday Pay
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is occasionally performed in outside weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds.
Broadband Telecom Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to Apply
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to indicate the position applying to in the Subject line and a cover letter.